What Is Entrepreneurship?
Process of creating value by bringing together a unique package of resources to exploit an opportunity.
What Is Social Entrepreneurship?
Process of creating value by bringing together a unique package of resources to exploit an opportunity, in pursuit of high social returns.
· A social entrepreneur is someone who recognizes a social problem and uses entrepreneurial principles to organize, create, and manage a venture to make social change….rather than bringing a concept to market to address a consumer problem, social entrepreneurs attempt to bring a concept to market to address a public problem.
· Social entrepreneurship takes many forms, but at it’s core is characterized by a leaders’ sense of social consciousness and a desire to make a positive impact on society
· Social entrepreneurs combine innovation, entrepreneurship, and social purpose and seek to be financially sustainable by generating revenue from trading
· The primary difference between Commercial Entrepreneurship and Social Entrepreneurship is not the entrepreneurial process, but the denomination of the rewards (from the created value) sought
· Exhibit heightened sense of accountability to those served for outcomes and their impact